Orland Raceway 2017 Mini-stock Car Rules
Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the racing officials.
Any American or foreign production economy sedan, coupe or station wagon originally equipped with a 4-cylinder engine. No 4-wheel drive, rear or mid-engine cars. Maximum wheelbase to be 100.5 inches.
- Vehicles must be completely stripped. No factory interior, no chrome or glass.
- Stock OEM chassis permitted. OEM chassis may be reinforced with steel tubing subject to tech approval.
- Minimum vehicle weight with driver and fluids to be no less than 2150 lbs.
- Water-cooled inline 4-cylinder production engines of 2600cc or less only. No rotary engines allowed.
- OEM heads and blocks only.
- Single cam shaft, two valves per cylinder only. No dual cam shafts allowed.
- Adjustable cam devices ok.
- No exotic metals allowed.
- Headers will be allowed.
- Cockpit exhaust ok if shielded from driver and exits behind the driver, using approved cockpit sheet metal. No exhaust may invade driver’s side of cockpit.
- Stock or aftermarket pistons may be used.
- Connecting rods must be ferrous.
- 200 lbs. compression, MAX. No port and polishing.
- Motor mounts and engine must be in stock location.
- Must use a single two-barrel downdraft carburetor that flows less than 501 CFM.
- Stock 4412 is the maximum carburetor allowed. Carburetor will be checked with Track Go-No-Go Gauge.
- Carburetor adapter will not exceed 2 inches in height from stock location. Blending adapter to manifold ok. Blending limited to 1.5 inches down from stock carburetor base.
- Turbo charging, fuel injection or supercharging shall not be allowed. Vehicles originally equipped with fuel injection must be adapted to run a carburetor.
- Ignition will be stock. No magnetos.
- Distributors may be locked out for advance system. Aftermarket coils allowed.
Transmission must have reverse gear and all forward gears operational
Drive train and Brakes:
- Single disk, stock appearing clutch only. No ram couplers, etc. Aftermarket clutch ok. No direct drive. Automatic transmissions must have a functional OEM torque converter.
- Stock, lightened or aftermarket flywheel ok. Must be stock diameter for block used. No aluminum flywheels.
- A 180 degree scatter shield must be installed underneath or over the floorboard using a minimum 1/8 inch steel plating to protect the driver’s legs.
- Drive shaft must be painted white. No aluminum drive shafts. A drive shaft safety hoop will be required 4 inches behind front joint. Hoop must be .25 inches thick, 1.5 inches wide steel strap.
- Rear ends must be stock type only. Make and model of rear end may be changed.
- No aftermarket or quick-change rear ends allowed.
- Welded or otherwise locked rear ends shall be allowed.
- Must have working brakes on at least three (3) wheels. No cockpit adjustable proportioning valves. Disc brakes ok. Calipers and rotors must be OEM. Locking rear end does not constitute one brake. No cockpit adjustable devises will be allowed.
- In cockpit steering may be modified to suit driver’s taste, but must be on the left side of cockpit. No center steering.
- Shall be at least a six point cage with four (4) uprights connected at the top.
- Main cage must be constructed of 1 ½ inch diameter tube with .095 wall minimum. NO BLACK IRON OR GALVANIZED PIPE.
- Full cage roll bars required with full loop frame over driver. Cage will be within three (3) inches of the roof of the car.
- Roll cage must be secured to the frame, or floor pan on uni-body cars, by welding solidly around each upright bar or by welding each upright bar solidly to a 6×6 by ¼ inch plate then welding or bolting this plate, using no less than ½ inch bolts, solidly to the floor. These bolts must be “grade 8” bolts or better.
- A minimum of three horizontal door bars on driver’s side and a minimum of two on the right side will be required on the inside.
- Gusseting on all bar junctions will be required.
- Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver’s compartment must be fire retardant
- Must use OEM lower control arms and spindles in front suspension.
- One shock or strut per wheel. Stock NON-ADJUSTABLE replacement shock, strut and springs ok.
- No weight jacks. No cockpit adjustable weight jacking devices allowed.
- Suspension mounting points may be altered but suspension must mount in the stock manner for the chassis being used.
- No Z link or birdcages.
- Stock or aftermarket bodies ok.
- Minimum 22 gauge steel or aluminum body, hood and roof panels. No fiberglass bodies.
- Body must be firmly attached to secure mounting points.
- Aftermarket nosepiece of plastic, fiberglass or rubberized materials ok.
- Driver’s compartment must be safely sealed from the engine bay, fuel cell and exhaust.
- Front OEM firewall and floorboard must be used and remain in stock locations.
- Right side of driver’s compartment may be boxed off to allow the exhaust system in this area.
- Body may be altered in trunk area for fuel tank. Fuel tank must be behind the rear axle. Fuel cell is required.
- All body panels and fender wells may be cut for tire clearance. No sharp edges.
- Rear deck lid spoiler ok. Limited to 6 inches measured from the top of deck lid.
- Bumper may be replaced by any bumper no wider than the outside of the tire, front and rear. No Sharp Edges. No Exceptions.
- Vehicle numbers must be a minimum of 15 inches high and placed on both doors and the top of the vehicle. Must be legible and of a contrasting color for visibility. Body panels will be painted and numbered to the satisfaction of race officials.
- A metal screen must cover windshield opening completely, minimum ¼ inch, maximum of ½ inch, mesh wire.
All components must be steel, unaltered OEM location and match frame. OEM steering column may be replaced with steel knuckles and steel steering shafts (collapsible recommended). Quick release required.
Tires and Wheels:
- Tire width not to exceed eight (8) inches.
- Any type steel wheel with a maximum of 8″. 15 inches maximum wheel diameter. Any offset allowed.
- Bead lock permitted on right rear only.
- DOT Radial tires or Hoosier oval track DOT dirt/American Racer Passenger performance tire (medium compound or harder).
- No spiked or studded snow tires. No heavy lug snow tires allowed.
- Grooving and sipping not permitted.
- Tread as measured across the tire cannot exceed 8″
- 1 inch lug nuts required.
- Wheel spacers must not exceed 1″ thick.
Fuel and Fuel System:
- Electric fuel pump ok. May not be glass or cockpit mounted. Kill switch required on driver’s side. Painted white.
- Racing fuel cell required.
- Gasoline and racing gasoline ok. No methanol or nitro methane.
- Fuel Cell protection bars recommended.
- A positive locking filler cap must be used. Breather vents must be designed so that fuel will not escape if vehicle is upside down.
- A rear firewall is required to protect driver from fuel leaks.
- Fuel cell must be fuel tight and have a functional roll over valve.
- Must have a ¼ turn shut-off valve, on the fuel line, to the right of the driver and accessible to the driver and safety crew. Must be clearly labeled “on” and “off“. Must be in plain sight and easily operated with one hand
- Driver must have DOT approved or better helmet with face shield. The strap and clasp must be in good functional condition. Helmet cannot have any cracks. Helmets must be worn at all times while vehicles are on the track.
- Fire retardant racing suit, and gloves are mandatory. Racing shoes, and neck bracing is recommended.
- Driver side window net is required, minimum 16×20 inch ribbon or mesh style and must be mounted to roll cage so it can be accessible to the driver and safety crew. Must be SFI approved and within expiration date. SFI approved arm restraints ok.
Seats and Belts:
- All vehicles must have an aluminum high-backed seat only. Seat must be bolted in, using four (4) 3/8th inch bolts in at least four (4) points, to the roll cage/frame structure. Do not attach seat to body. Seat must be mounted independent of floor pan.
- Seat covers and padding must be fire retardant.
- Seat belts must be five (5) point and be a minimum of three (3) inches wide. Drivers using head and neck restraint systems (i.e. HANS or similar) may use 2 inch shoulder belts specifically designed for head and neck restraint systems.
- All belts must be securely mounted to roll cage according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Belts may be no more than three (3) years old. No worn or sun rotted belts.