ORLAND RACEWAY 2017 PURE STOCK RULES
Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the racing officials
*Any 1955 or newer American made passenger car will be allowed.
*No electronic communication devices of any kind allowed in car.
*Minimum weight is 3225 lbs. on all cars with drivers and equipment.
- Minimum unaltered factory wheelbase of 104” to 115” stock frame only. NO modifications allowed: Ford, Chevy and Dodge.
- Uni-body cars must have 2×4 inch minimum sub-frame connectors. Material .095 minimum.
- No intermixing of body or frame parts. (Manufacturer to Manufacturer)
- Must include stock lower A-Arm mounts. Upper A-Arms may be tubular.
- NO 4-wheel drives, sports cars, convertibles, front-wheel drives or station wagons, will be allowed.
- Cars are to be stock.
- Swapping engines OK if bolt in replacement. Example: 327, 350, 400 Chevy. Engines must be make-to-make.
- Vehicle must be de-chromed and all glass and flammable material must be removed. Exceptions: gauges and bumpers.
- Must be stock appearing. Metal only. No plastic or aluminum.
- Body must be mounted securely to frame from rear of driver’s seat forward.
- Firewall must be stock or 18-gauge sheet metal to replace damaged firewall, and in stock position.
- Floor pan must be stock from the rear axle (left to right) forward. Must be welded and/or bolted. If welded, welds shall be 3 inches long and 7 inches between each weld, minimum.
- No outside iron rails (nerf bars).
- Hood must be secured on all four corners.
- Plexi-glass is not allowed on cars.
- Must have at least one number on both doors and roof. Minimum size of number shall be 18” tall and 5” wide and in a contrasting color of car.
- A kill switch is required within easy reach of the driver and Safety Crew. It must be clearly labeled “On” and “Off”.
- All added weight must be securely fastened, with minimum ½” bolts inside the body panels. Not on rear or front bumper. 25 lbs. per bolt mount.
- No mirrors or sign boards allowed.
- All cars must be equipped with a tow hook, or similar device, both front and rear, to allow for towing.
- Roll bars shall be of the full cage type, mild seamed steel or 4130 Chromoly 1 ¾” or 1 ½”x .095 wall minimum, with full loop from frame over the driver. These bars are to be connected on the top of both sides with another bar. Cage shall be within 3” to the top of the car and 6” of sides of top. In the back loop, there shall be a bar running from the right top to the bottom bar at about 45 degrees. The bars must be properly welded together and attached to the frame. Roll bars are to be welded or bolted to the frame with no less than 7/16” bolts. Must be welded and attached securely to frame or sub-frame filler on uni-body car. Bar may not be secured by welding to floor pan.
- All “T” intersections must be gusseted and welded on both sides.
- Cage to be above driver’s helmet by 2”.
- Must have one bar front to rear approximately center of cage.
- Roll cage must include three door bars on driver’s side, within 3” of the door, welded to both the front and back uprights and evenly spaced to protect the driver’s hips and legs. Minimum of one brace running vertically.
- Front loops are allowed inside the body in front or behind the radiator.
- There will be two bars angled from top of cage towards the rear end. This can extend past rear axle to frame rail.
- Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver’s compartment must be fire retardant.
- The Tech Official or Promoter must approve all roll cages.
- Steering box must be stock located in stock position, Example: GM to GM, etc.
- Springs must be stock type in stock location.
- Weight jacks are not allowed.
- Air or coil over shocks are not allowed. NO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS.
- One shock per wheel.
- No adjustable weights.
- Lower control arms and mounting brackets must be in stock location. No adjustable upper control arms. After market tubular control arms are OK.
- Engines must remain in stock location.
- Centerline of crank shaft may not vary more than 1” from centerline of front stub.
- Cast iron blocks and heads allowed. No angle plugs.
- Engine through transmission shall remain 100% stock (with casting numbers). Stroker combinations are not allowed.
- Compression not to exceed 175 psi.
- Replacement rods only. No “H” beam. Stock length rods only. 5.7” max.
- Stock replacement cast or forged pistons only as normally used in rebuilding.
- Piston may not protrude above block deck. Flat top pistons only; cast, forged or hyper-eutectic are allowed.
- Any stock hydraulic cam and lifters allowed. 500 lift. No roller on solid cam or rockers.
- Gear drives are not allowed.
- Must be OEM cast iron cylinder heads only. Stock only. No angle plug heads.
- All heads must be stock valve angle for make. Chevy–23 degrees,
Ford–20 degrees, Dodge–18 degrees. Dart, World or other after-market heads are not allowed.
- All casting numbers must remain visible.
- Stock diameter valves and springs for head casting number only. No oversize valves or springs.
- Rocker arms are to be 100% stock.
- No roller rocker arms or roller tip rocker arms. No offset arm or Jessel rocker arms. Must be stamped steel only.
- OEM stock cast iron or aluminum 2 or 4 barrel manifold OK. Edelbrock Performer OK.
- Must have two return springs.
- Must have toe strap on throttle pedal.
- Maximum 1 ½” spacer plate allowed.
- A stock replacement Holley 4412 may be used on any motor.
- Choke tower must be in place and factory stamped 4412.
- Must pass (Go-No-Go Gauge) max venture diameter 1 3/8”.
- Carburetor must mount to manifold without any modifications to the manifold or the base plate of carburetor.
- Carburetor cannot be modified internally with the exception of jet change, power valve and choke removal.
- Distributors must be of stock production only.
- No MSD boxes or magnetos allowed.
- Pump,E85 or race gas only. No additives of any kind. No alcohol.
- All cars are to have a ¼ turn-off valve in the fuel line, in the driver’s compartment, to be accessible to the driver and painted red. Must be clearly marked ON and OFF and easily operated with one hand
- Gas tanks shall be removed from their original position and replaced with approved fuel cell with a maximum capacity of 22 gallons in the trunk area. Cell to be mounted between the frame rails and shall not extend more than 2” below the bottom of the frame fails. Tank must be mounted with a minimum tie down of 1/8 x 1 inch strap iron. No plumbers tape. Cell must have a vent and securely fastened cap. No part of filler pipe may be of rubber type connection. Cells to be vented to underside of car.
- A fire shield of no less than 18-gauge metal to be placed between the tank and driver. Must have L-shaped shield in front and bottom of fuel cell.
- Fuel cell is to have a full sealing cap and a roll over vent.
- Cells must be protected with one tubular bar in front of tank and behind tank not to exceed 2” in outside diameter.
- All fuel cell mounts subject to safety inspections or promoter’s approval.
- Any car leaking or spilling fuel will be black flagged.
- Radiator must be in front of engine in stock location.
- Anti-freeze is not allowed.
- Radiators may be mounted to a front bar with shock mounts removed. Bar may extend to fenders but must remain behind bumpers.
- Automatic transmissions with working torque converter allowed. If transmission cooler is used and located inside the car, it must be shielded from the driver. No bump start or pump valve. Must be able to start under its own power.
- Manual transmissions allowed. Must be OEM production type and have all gears and stock clutch. No racing clutches.
- No aluminum or any other type of light weight flywheels.
- Must run approved scatter shield for manual transmissions.
- Steel only. Must be painted white.
- Drive shaft loop are mandatory. Must be placed 6” minimum to 16” maximum from the transmission tail shaft.
- Only stock passenger car rear ends are allowed.
- No 3/4 ton rear ends.
- Locked rear ends are allowed.
- Ford 9” rear ends are OK if mounted in stock location
- All batteries must be mounted in an approved manner in front of the fuel cell.
- Batteries that are not sealed must be sealed in a marine type box.
- Batteries are not allowed in the driver’s compartment.
- Battery disconnect switch must be installed and clearly marked “ON“and “OFF“.
- Fabricated bumpers are allowed. Must meet safety tech.
- No part of bumper may extend beyond width of car.
- Bumpers are to remain in stock location.
- No added bracing of any kind.
- No mud and snow tires.
- Maximum tire width to be 8 inches..
- Grooving and Sipping not allowed.
- Wheels to be minimum 3/16 inch center.
- Wheel width 8 ½” maximum.
- Wheel studs minimum 5/8” and 5/8” lug nuts are required.
- Must have at least 3 wheel brakes operational. Brakes shall be stock.
- No copper or plastic brake lines.
- Stock exhaust manifolds including muffler pipe no larger than 2 ½”.
- Mufflers are mandatory. DBA 95 at 100 feet.
- Exhaust pipe must extend beyond driver compartment.
- Down tube headers OK.
- All vehicles must have a high backed, head rest style racing seat. Must be bolted, with not less than four (4) 3/8th inch bolts and nuts, to roll cage. NOT bolted to the floorboard.
- Five (5) point safety harness mounted to roll cage, DOT approved or better helmet with face shield, gloves and fire suit are mandatory. Racing shoes and neck
- Driver side window net is required, minimum 16×20 inch ribbon or mesh style and must be mounted to roll cage so it can be accessible to the driver and safety crew. Must be SFI approved and within expiration date. SFI approved arm restraints ok.
- Helmet and seat belts to be worn and fastened at all time when on track. NO EXCEPTIONS.